Donate & Change Lives
How We Change Lives:
- Provide local assistance through our 50+ chapters and 190+ peer support groups
- Improve access to VA/social security benefits, affordable healthcare, vital mobility equipment, employment, and accessible housing/transportation
- Offer one-on-one guidance and resources on a wide range of disability-related issues to persons with a spinal cord injury or disease, their family members and care givers
- equality and disability rights at all levels
- Empower people to become effective self-advocates
- Facilitate new opportunities to lead active, independent lives
- Raise public awareness on issues that impact the disability community
This year, United Spinal Association has touched over a million lives impacted by disability. We have helped veterans and civilians living with spinal cord injuries and diseases (SCI/D) regain their independence and achieve a better quality of life.
We believe no person should be excluded from opportunity on the basis of their disability. With donations from caring individuals like you, United Spinal can continue our important mission that began in 1946, bringing life-enhancing programs and services to wheelchair users and people living with mobility impairments in cities and towns across the country.
As this year comes to a close, United Spinal is preparing to face the impact of government budget cuts that will adversely affect members of our community. These cuts come at a time when many charitable dollars are focused on supporting disaster relief and the demand for our services is at an all-time high.
I hope you will consider supporting us today with a year-end, tax deductible contribution. Your support will help to ensure that individuals living with SCI/D receive the resources and help they need to overcome their challenges and build successful lives.
Thank you and best wishes for a Happy Holiday Season and a Healthy and Prosperous New Year!