The United Spinal Chapter of Greater Kansas City is a united effort of passionate individuals committed to creating services and programs to ensure high quality lives after spinal cord injury or disease (SCI/D). The organization serves the Greater Kansas City Missouri area as well as Kansas City Metro and areas of Kansas in the eastern part of the state.
The many faces of our network include individuals living with SCI/D, caregivers, healthcare professionals, DME manufacturers and suppliers, and a multitude of other highly dedicated organizations.
The mission of the Greater Kansas City Spinal Cord Injury Association is to provide local resources, services and peer support to individuals with spinal cord injury/disease, their families and professionals. The chapter will assist individuals with the unique difficulties encountered when residing in a bi-state city when searching for information, education and assistance. The chapter will offer the same support to individuals residing in the area but outside the city.
The Greater Kansas City Spinal Cord Injury Association (GKCSCIA) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, run entirely by volunteers. We are an independent Chapter of United Spinal Association. Your free membership in GKCSCIA includes membership to United Spinal Association offering benefits such as:
- Connecting with the SCI/D community in your area
- Peer support, information and guidance
- Priority support from SCI/D experts through our Ask Us service
- Support in claims for VA benefits & services for members who are military veteran
- Free subscription to New Mobility Magazine our members magazine
- Monthly e-newsletter
- Alerts on key disability-related legislative issues
- Free Webinars on topics related to disability
- On-Line Resources