Tools for Life, Georgia’s Assistive Technology Act Program, is dedicated to increasing access to and acquisition of assistive technology (AT) devices and services for Georgians of all ages and disabilities so they can live, learn, work and play independently and with greater freedom in communities of their choice.
Tools for Life and the TFL Network work collaboratively together to accomplish our mission through:
- AT Demonstration
- AT Evaluations and Assessments
- AT Funding Options & Education
- Access to the TFL AT Lending Libraries
- AT & Durable Medical Equipment Reuse
- AT Training (Individual)
- AT Training (Groups)
Assistive Technology Funding
Locating funding often creates a barrier to acquiring needed assistive technology devices and services.
While Tools for Life does not directly fund the purchase of devices, it is a resource for individuals with disabilities and their family members, staff, service providers, counselors, employers, and others to:
- obtain information about assistive technology in appropriate funding sources
- borrow equipment on a trial basis
- purchase selected equipment or software at discount prices
- consult with specialists regarding accessibility issues
- receive training
- receive on-site support at home, in schools and on the job
The Tools for Life team also works closely with school personnel, family and related service providers and offers helpful information on related laws, policies, funding tips, and possible funding sources.
Credit-Able Loan Program: Making Independence Affordable for Georgians with Disabilities
What is Credit-Able?
Credit-Able is Georgia’s Alternative Financing Program for Assistive Technology. Its mission is to make living independently an affordable option for Georgians with disabilities.
The Credit-Able program provides direct loans at an interest rate range between 5% and 9%, depending on your credit score, amount and term of the loan.
What can I use a Credit-Able loan for?
Are you in need of modifications to make your daily life easier to navigate? A Credit-Able loan may be for you. A Credit-Able loan can help you pay for Assistive Technology including but not limited to the following:
- Stair lifts
- Video magnifiers for low vision
- Home modifications including ramps, roll-in showers, lowered cabinets, and widened doors
- Hearing aids
- Braille writers
- Vehicle modifications