Spinal cord injuries and diseases affect a person’s ability to function independently in all areas of daily living.
As one of the country’s leading rehabilitation programs, spinal cord injury patients at the UPMC Rehabilitation Institute have access to state-of-the-art technology and comprehensive services to help assist with recovery.
As part of the largest rehabilitation network in western Pennsylvania, the UPMC Rehabilitation Institute offers specialized, inpatient care for a variety of conditions, including:
- Brain injuries
- Complex orthopaedic injuries
- General and transplant rehabilitation
- Multiple traumatic injuries and amputations
- Spinal cord injuries
Why Choose UPMC for Inpatient Rehabilitation?
- More locations than any other provider: Choose from eight rehab facilities — each located in an acute care hospital with state-of-the-art technology and immediate access to specialty or emergency care if you need it.
- A caring team of experts: Receive care from world-renowned specialists at one of the top rehabilitation programs in the United States, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Leaders in rehabilitation research: Access clinical trials and technologies not available anywhere else in the region.