Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital, part of Northwestern Medicine, is located in Wheaton, Illinois and offers 100 acute inpatient rehabilitation beds, 27 Medicare-licensed subacute beds, and various outpatient locations to help individuals who are recovering from illness or injury.
The Marianjoy Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Program provides exceptional, compassionate and individualized treatment plans to spinal cord injury patients and their families.
Following a thorough evaluation of the patient’s abilities and needs, a team of Marianjoy’s expert clinicians develops a comprehensive treatment plan to address the specific effects of the injury and optimize patient performance.
Marianjoy’s Spinal Cord Injury Program is fully equipped to care for patients who require rehabilitation due to a wide variety of these conditions and diagnoses, including:
- Traumatic Spinal Cord Injury (such as vertebral fractures from car accidents or falls)
- Non-traumatic Spinal Cord Injury (such as failed back surgery syndrome or neck arthritis)
Individualized treatment plans are created to manage the physical, emotional and behavioral changes a patient may experience. Given an individual’s abilities and goals, we provide a comprehensive approach for learning techniques to:
- increase strength, awareness, function and mobility while reducing physical limitations and pain.
- restore and maximize the potential of performing daily living activities.
- utilize compensatory strategies for the patient’s new skill set.
- cultivate lifestyle behaviors that promote wellness.
We also provide emotional support and counseling for the patient and family; education regarding the condition and resources for post-discharge.